Am I going to talk about Rambo, the main character in David Morrell’s novel First Blood, which was made popular in three films in the ’80s? No. But because I’m returning to do this (type of) post once again, I feel so much like Sylvester Stallone (Rambo) whose uncanny edge throughout the movie trilogy has made him one of my all-time movie heroes.
pic credit (Stallone as Rambo): oneguyrambling.com
Enough of him for now…
Awards–yeah, that’s what I really want to talk about.
I’ve been nominated by Samir and then Whitney for The Liebster Blog Award. They are a wonderful bunch. Take a trip to their respective blogs and you’ll be glad you did. Thanks a heap Samir and Whitney for nominating me.
LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD
- Post the award image on your blog. There are several varieties. Google them and find the one you like the most.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person/people who nominated you.
- Make up 11 questions for those to be nominated.
- Nominate 11 people to receive the award. They should have fewer than 200 followers on their blog.
- If you’re nominated, your name and/or link will appear at the bottom of this post.
11 Facts About Me:
- I love the game of Scrabble a lot. And I’ve won a big-money competition in that regard lately.
- I love the smell of the air immediately after a cold, long rain. It’s so refreshing!
- I don’t like the harmattan season.
- Music. Highlife music takes me to a different place entirely. It’s a gift to W. Africa.
- I want to learn how to speak Hausa and after that Swahili.
- I usually write with my right hand. But can also do so with my left…and it’s legible too.
- I still watch a lot of cartoons and can’t do without my PS3!
- Biscuits–I’m addicted.
- My favorite time of the day is very early in the morning for all the right reasons.
- I’ll get my dog friend a partner once I publish my first book. Well, that’s more like a promise 😀 In the meantime, he can woo those around him.
- I still have most of my childhood toys and comics with me.
My answers to Samir’s 11 questions:
- Do you prefer literature or entertainment fiction? Entertainment fiction.
- Introvert or Extrovert? Well, I’m not Sparky Sanguine. But I surely enjoy the company of people—even strangers. And I can start a conversation and keep it alive.
- If you could promote (and succeed) in one cause, what would it be? That’s a pretty tough one. Let’s see…it should be my colorless soap project.
- Which writer’s books can’t you stand (please be honest)? I’ve not come across any, sorry.
- Movies or books? Movies!!!! I love to see how each character acts, the background, and the special effects if need be.
- What’s your favourite cuisine? Traditional? That should be egusi soup with lots of stockfish and meat to go with hot pounded yam! Can you beat that? Western? Sorry, I’m unable to narrow the list to anyone in particular.
- Can you tell the most embarrassing that ever happened to you? Unable to answer the “call of nature” inside a cramped bus. I messed up my trousers on that hot afternoon and as a result, became the object of laughter for other passenger on board! Hey, it wasn’t my fault. Blame it on the porridge beans.
- Dreamer or realist? Dreamer. I love being flexible.
- Who inspires you? My mum. She’s just terrifikkk!
- Favorite Sport? Futbol!
- The perfect Saturday night is …when the night is purple and Yanni is playing in background.
My answers to Whitney’s 11 questions:
- What’s your most favorite place in the whole world and why? The beach. It’s a peaceful and romantic environment.
- If you had five million dollars what would you do with it? I’ll erect a building dedicated to world peace and anti-terrorism.
- What’s one beauty or hygiene product that you absolutely can’t live without? Definitely my Dolce & Gabbana men’s perfume.
- If you could have any pet, what would it be? I have an Alsatian. His name is Jazz.
- What is your favorite food dish, and do you prepare it yourself or do you have to go somewhere else to chow down? Egusi soup with lots of stock fish and meat to go with hot pounded yam! If I’m less busy, I can prepare the soup.
- If you could change or implement any policy, what would it be and why? Countries will be completely open to the world about their nuclear enrichment program.
- Who is your biggest role model and why? Mahatma Gandhi. He’s selfless and people-oriented.
- What is your favorite holiday and what traditions do you have for this day? Christmas. Iti Mmanwu (Masquerade dancing)
- If you won a trip to walk on the moon, would you go? Absolutely yes. I want to see my home (Earth) from many miles out.
- What is your biggest fear? Fear itself.
- If you could speak and write in any language what would it be? Spanish (though I can write and speak some bit of it now)! Oh God, I just love how their men and women talk! It’s so sexy, so romantic!
My 11 questions for my nominees:
- Science, religion or both?
- One past hero you wish to meet?
- One thing you wish was never invented?
- Are you left-handed?
- Your childhood cartoon hero/heroine?
- Anger management: what’s your advice?
- Does a book’s cover really matter to you, yes or no?
- Why (refer to question 7)?
- Favourite line in your national anthem (be patriotic)?
- Do you believe in the existence of angels and demons?
- Where do you fall in the zodiac diagram?
- Michele Seminara
- Planted Oak
- Black Satin
THE VERY INSPIRING BLOGGER AWARD
Many thanks to Val and then Catherine for nominating me for The Very Inspiring Award. Please, take a trip to their respective blog and you’ll be super happy you did. I’m addict–their stuffs are super-sonic!
- Display the award logo
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- State 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them
Seven Random Things About Uzoma
Click here for something new…
Now Rambo shouldn’t have stopped at just only three films:( Well, that’s how I feel about it…