I’d like to thank the lovely Heidi (http://writeonheidi.wordpress.com) for nominating me for this prestigious award—good thing is that we’re still having plenty sunshine around here! A blogger with a passion for poetry, Heidi takes me into a different world with her gallant way of writing. So, take a trip to her place when you can. She serves tasty stuffs.
So, the 10 questions then….
- What inspired you to start blogging? I wanted to explore other forums aside from my writing home (http://absolutewrite.com/forums). Now I’m addicted to blogging and hardly visit the forums again.
- How did you come up with the name of your blog? Hmm. That’s interesting. I’d left the lab (factory where I work) for my lunchtime break when the name came up. Already I had done some distillation in degree Celsius and was still thinking about it.
- What is your favourite blog that you like to read? Blogs that talk about writing, fine arts, poetry, photography, religion and politics.
- Tell about your dream job. Anyone that will make me travel to many countries.
- Is your glass half full or half empty? It depends. Life is not a straight road.
- If you could go anywhere for a week’s vacation, where would you go? Hawaii.
- What food can you absolutely not eat? Any dish that’s tasteless–but that depends o!
- Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Dark chocolate!
- How much time do you spend blogging? Once I’m behind the monitor, I could spend hours from commenting to checking out other blogs. I don’t post/blog everyday, though.
- Do you watch TV – if so, what are some of your favorite shows? Yes! Jacob’s Cross, La Tormenta, The Fool’s Slot, Arrow, etc.
To those nominated, these same questions apply…
The HUG Award© was initiated by Connie Wayne at A Hope for Today, which promotes hope, love, peace, equality, and unity for all people.
The HUG Award© is for people with an expectant desire for the world, for which they: Hope for Love; Hope for Freedom; Hope for Peace; Hope for Equality; Hope for Unity; Hope for Joy and Happiness; Hope for Compassion and Mercy; Hope for Faith; Hope for Wholeness and Wellness; Hope for Prosperity; Hope for Ecological Preservation; Hope for Oneness
This award also :
-recognizes and honors those who help keep hope alive in our current world, which is plagued by war, natural disasters, and economic recession. They nurture hope, in any of the above areas (in italics), by the work they do, or in their personal lives with things such as blogging, public speaking, charity work, etc.
-is for people who, without giving up or compromising their own religious, spiritual, or political beliefs, are able to nurture hope and respect the dignity of all people.
-is for those who, without bias or prejudice, use their resources and gifts to make the world a better place for everyone.
-is for people who have a hope or an expectant desire that the work or talents they use in things such as blogging, public speaking, charity work, etc., will make a positive impact on the world.
I want to thank the award-givers for that big “HUG” from miles away:
- Soumyav (http://soumyav.wordpress.com) : India has a lot of talent! It’s amazing what Soumyav can do with words—weaving them into a poetic message. Her posts also mirror the kind of heart she has—gentle, accommodating and friendly. And I think she’s a very keen observer—I love that in people!
- Khaula Naxir (http://myinvinciblespirit.wordpress.com) : Oh Khaula is a sensational lady and a writer with a romantic heart. If I could, I’d get her to write every day 😀
- Gys (http://lgyslaine.wordpress.com): Lady of France—that’s what I call her. Her poems come in two versions: French and English. I must commend her for the putting up an English version for each of her poems. Her poetry has the power to send you straight into dreamland with love, devotion and romance guaranteed!
So guys go give some other bloggers a big hug! 😎
DRAGON LOYALTY AWARD
Dragons? Hmm…African myth never talked about dragons. But I love the name of the award and the idea. The award reminds me of the movie Eragon…all that action with a fire-spitting dragon. Okay o. Thank you so much Gys, for this very special kind of award. Hmm! I’m going to find myself a helmet before flying.
- Display the Award Certificate on your website. DONE!
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award. DONE !
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers. DONE !
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post. DONE !
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself. Click here
I have also been tagged by Khaula Naxir. It’s platform to showcase who I am. I also want to thank her for nominating me for the Reality Blog Award for the second time!
I’ve also been tagged by the wonderful author Danielle Taylor for the Next Big Thing. Thanks a lot Danielle, you inspire me a lot!
PS: For the nominees (including those of you who may not be into awards), you are not under any obligation whatsoever to take the awards.
***I’d like to go awards-free after this. Once again, thanks for all the support and love :)***